Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- [[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED]]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
8529b Opal Loop, MHAFB ID 83648, United States
What is your normal turn around time?
- Normally my turn around time is about 3 weeks. This is always subject to changed based on my current work load. Rush orders are available at an additional cost. Please contact me.
Will I receive a proof?
- A proof is emailed to the email given at checkout on all orders over $50. If no response is received from proof in 3 days, I will try to reach out again. After 5 days with no answer, work will continue.
Do you ship internationally?
- At this time, I only ship inside the United States. However I do offer shipping to APO/FPO.
Are pieces waterproofed?
- All wooden pieces out of AMB Handmades are coated with multiple layers of Polycrylic. This makes them water resistant.
My dog chewed up one of my signs from you.. are your products non-toxic?
- While I always try to use the most environmentally friendly products, Polycrylic is not safe to ingest.
I placed my order but have not received a confirmation email, what now?
- Please feel free to contact me. My contact info is avaliable in my About section.
Does my stove need to be fully cooled before I place my stove cover on top?
- YES! Never put your custom stove cover onto your stove top unless it is completely cold to the touch. While I do coat them with protectant, they are NOT fire proof, this is still very dangerous.
I noticed you only have certain colors and sizes. Do you offer custom requests?
- Of course! While I only keep the most popular colors and sizes in stock, I can usually accommodate your request. There may be an additional charge for custom color blending or speciality wood. Please click the "Custom Orders" tab at the top of the page.
Do you provide beverages or snacks at kids parties?
- I do not. This is up to the host or hostess of the party.
- Sarra Goforth
"AMB Handmades made me 2 boards “Mrs.” and “Mr” for my bedroom. I couldn’t find them anywhere online to buy, I showed her a photo of what I wanted done and she made them perfectly and exactly how I wanted them! I love her work and continue to come back to her anytime I need something made :)"
- Gabrielle Hollis
- Shelbie Van Asten
"Anna is so thoughtful and willing to go above and beyond to make sure the end result is what you dreamed of!"
At first I began cutting simple vinyl decals and small simple signs. Then as my interest grew, so did my knowledge and my talent.